No matter what you if you hate American Idol or have voted every Tuesday night for the past 7 years, you have to admit…some things are different this year. For once in my life, I think I can say without thinking twice, in this case, change is definitely good.
Here are the things I really love about this year:
1) Textured voices. We aren’t going for the same ol’ same ol’ “hey, that girl can belt the hell out of Mariah Carey” type. This year, we’ve got grainy voices, well trained voices, voices that are out of control , voices that maybe should be stopped, and the voice of course ,of Anoop.
2) Paula Abdul is now the most cracked out has been of all time that hasn’t been hospitalized. Seriously? Jonas Brother look alike Adam Lambert’s upbeat performance made that crazy, fake baked, botoxed freak spaz out like a slinky on a trampoline. I’m not saying the performance wasn’t good. I just wasn’t on the other side of the screen weeping.
3) Seacrest. Dear Ryan-you never get less annoying or less full of yourself. And yet there are rare instances where a flash of that dazzlingly bleached white smile of yours might have me on my knees.
4) Simon-You never change your outfit or your attitude. Keep up the good work. You know what sells and I love it.
Who knows? With talent like this, maybe I’ll end up actually buying one of their albums. MAYBE.
And yes, earthlings, Anoop is safe again tonight while fellow contestants Jasmine and Jorge, were not so lucky.
So in case you’ve been on Mars and haven’t heard yet-Anoop is now in the Top 12, which is actually the Top 13 because reality television is all about the drama and boy were they mean to that kid. But, nevertheless, he’s in! That means that from now on, no matter how you feel about American Idol, you should probably vote for him a couple hundred times a week. Here are the reasons:
1) That boy can sing. I would know. Singing is my major.
2) Obviously-he’s totally repping UNC.
3) He’s an awesome guy.
4) If he gets anywhere, I know people who know people and I might get to interview him…how DANK would that be? Yea, I know that’s selfish.
So there you have it. Start tuning in and dialing in to see Anoop through!
Everybody have a wonderful and fairly safe spring break. BUT DON’T FORGET TO VOTE!!! TUESDAY NIGHT!!!
Remember to vote for Anoop Desai on American Idol tonight! He will be competiting against 11 other contestants for one spot in the top 12 out of 36 semifinalists. In case you’ve been hiding under a rock somewhere for the past 8 seasons, you can watch American Idol tonight at 8 on Fox. Voting begins at 10pm and ends at 12am. REMEMBER “ANOOP DOG!” We want you to vote about 4 million times so that I can get an interview with this guy. Huzzah.
The word is out! Former Clef Hanger Anoop Desai is now a competitor on American Idol. Look here for updates on Hollywood, and, who knows? Maybe the great beyond! Good luck Anoop!